Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A WORD FROM YOU

This is a short one. I would love to hear from you this time. What books are you reading? What music are you listening to? What movies would you recommend? What about a cigar or beer that I might not have tried? These are obviously a few of the things I am in to, but if you share any of these interests, let me know. I just finished What Would Jesus Deconstruct by Caputo and The Fidelity of Betrayal by Rollins. I highly recommend both of these books. Both rely heavily on deconstructive philosophy. In The Fidelity of Betrayal, Rollins addresses the need to turn away from our religion in order to embrace a true faith. In What Would Jesus Deconstruct, Caputo addresses what elements in the church needs to go through radical hermeneutics to better understand the religion without religion message of Christ. As for music, I have been on a real Simon and Garfunkel kick lately, but as for new music I am really into the The Postmarks and The Strokes. Let me know what you are reading and listening to. As for movies, I haven’t seen much lately so any suggestions would be great. Additionally, if there are any topics related to my journey that you would like me to expand on, let me know that as well. Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you and have a great Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Well here you go;
    I have heard some really good quotes from "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan and want to read it, but haven't yet. You may have already read this one tho.
    My husband loves Kinky Freedman's cigars. I am pretty sure the KinkyCristos are his favorites.
    Ummmm - I do not venture far in the beer department, but I had a really good wheat in Colrado-Sunshine? I think- and I usuall don't care for wheat beer. The key was a wedge of orange, crazy, but good.
    Movies - I got nothin'
    Music - I have pretty far reaching tastes, but newly listening to The Orbans and The Black Keys. Love Americana music - Hayes Carll, Ryan Bingham and the Dead Horses - Roadhouse Sun album is my favorite.
    Happy Turkey Day!
    Lisa (Turner)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like turtles...

    Last read: "squirrel seeks chipmunk" by D. Sedaris.
    Its probably too deep for your taste though.

    Favorite album of the moment: "Brothers" by The Black Keys.
    I think you will like it if you haven't already heard it.

    Cigars: Like em, but they make me want cigarettes and I quit.

    Beer: Dogfishhead "Red and White"
    Hard to find and expensive (in Fort Worth), but worth the trouble.

    - Mark

    ReplyDelete